A few months ago I wrote a post in tribute to my mom. You can read about that here. However, today is fathers day, and I'd like to write about my dad.
I have started this paragraph and erased it again half a dozen times. I'm having a very hard time deciding how to describe my dad. He is an amazing father in so many ways. The only times he ever raised his voice to me were when I was disrespectful to my mother. He was the epitome of disciplining and then showing forth an increase of love. I have always known that my dad loves me. He always has time for his family even when was at work until midnight the night before and left for work at 5 that morning. He has always been there when I needed help, and he continues to be there even now when I have been living away from home for nearly two years. His advice is always well thought through, and, when I take the time to listen to it, it always helps me see situations in a clearer light.
My dad is an amazing example to me. He didn't have an easy youth by anyone's standards, but he worked hard, and did well. He is incredibly intelligent, and although he claims that my lack of social skills comes from him, he is a lot of fun to be around to. No one ever feels like my dad is talking down to them. He is very good at talking to people from all walks of life as equals. My mom and dad both tell me that he is a natural procrastinator, but I have never seen it. I guess that is one of the traits that I supposedly inherited from him, although I don't see them in him. I hope that along with that I inherited, or can learn, his self discipline and determination.
My father and I are very similar. Ever since I was little all the people who work with my dad have told me I look just like him. We both had social problems in high school (and beyond :). We'd both rather be home than somewhere else (unlike my mom and sister). Both of us have our quiet moments, and our moments to be the life of the party. There are so many ways I want to be like my dad. He is an amazing man and a wonderful father.
I love you daddy.
![]() |
| Daddy |
My dad is an amazing example to me. He didn't have an easy youth by anyone's standards, but he worked hard, and did well. He is incredibly intelligent, and although he claims that my lack of social skills comes from him, he is a lot of fun to be around to. No one ever feels like my dad is talking down to them. He is very good at talking to people from all walks of life as equals. My mom and dad both tell me that he is a natural procrastinator, but I have never seen it. I guess that is one of the traits that I supposedly inherited from him, although I don't see them in him. I hope that along with that I inherited, or can learn, his self discipline and determination.
My father and I are very similar. Ever since I was little all the people who work with my dad have told me I look just like him. We both had social problems in high school (and beyond :). We'd both rather be home than somewhere else (unlike my mom and sister). Both of us have our quiet moments, and our moments to be the life of the party. There are so many ways I want to be like my dad. He is an amazing man and a wonderful father.
I love you daddy.

Comments
Post a Comment