Skip to main content

Sep 9


Hola!

Transfers are tomorrow! I am being transferred again, but this time I don't know where I'm going. I do know I'll be on bike, training, and in the valley but I don't know where. I am so excited, but I'm nervous at the same time. I am also so grateful that we found out about transfers before church on our last Sunday. It was nice to be able to say goodbye to the members of this wonderful ward. This has truly become my second home, and I will miss these people so much! Luckily I also had the opportunity to take pictures with some of them. I'll include them and try to make it clear who's whom so that mom can put them in the right order.

Hna Navarrete is absolutely AMAZING! She doesn't live in our area, so we haven't seen as much of her this last transfer, but she is always willing to come to cita's with us, and everytime I ate at her house she made me a grilled cheese sandwich. She also re-taught me how to knit, which I really enjoyed before my mission.

Hna Teresa is another wonderful woman in the ward. She was confirmed my first Sunday here, and she has become a real mainstay for the ward, and especially for the missionary work. She has also come to citas with us, and her testimony is SO STRONG!! Her whole family has now joined the church, and they all help us so much in the missionary work.











Hna Hernandez is one of our members here in our area, and I just love her SO MUCH! Whenever we go over to her house she is always offering us food, and she always has some sort of desert for us. On Saturday she and her husband invited us over for breakfast, and we had the most perfect pancakes I've ever seen. (They have a pancake maker that works like a waffle maker!)











Hna DeLeon has been almost like a mission mom for me. She lived in our area for my first 2 transfers, and any time we didn't have somewhere to eat we knew the DeLeon's would feed us.
I didn't get a picture with the whole family, but I love Hno DeLeon as well, and their 3 little girls are SO CUTE! They always give us hugs when we come to church, and the youngest likes to play with my hair.

Hna Gaytan, her parents, husband, and kids are SO good to the missionaries in this ward. (Even if Hno Gaytan always teases me about food.) I remember one time when it was after 9:00pm the night before Hna Watts and I had to be at a meeting in Santa Clarita and I'd forgotten to find a ride there.
We called Hna Gaytan, and she took us!






The Seminario Family is one of the pillar(spelling?) families of the ward! They are so involved in everything, and also help us SO much with the missionary work. We have had all three of them in cita's with us this transfer, and they are just so amazing! Eddie has especially been helping us fellowship one of our investigators, and he drove us and another of our investigators to visit the temple visitor center in LA last night.


---
This week has been really amazing! I know we've had so many miracles this week, but I'm struggling to remember them (probably because I gave up on writing in my journal in favor of going to bed earlier...). I promise to try to do better this week.

One miracle that I do remember from this week is our investigator named B. We found her through her son, and she is just a miracle in and of herself. At first she was hesitant to do anything more than just listen to us talk about God, but then she started reading and praying about the Book of Mormon, and she decided that she really wanted to DO what God wanted her to do. Not only did she decide to come to church with us last Sunday, but she also asked us for the address for the church in Mexico closest to where she visits every other week, so she could go when she's there. Another miracle is that when we taught the law of chastity. We thought it might be a problem because when she visits Mexico she's visiting her boyfriend, but she told us right off that he's been wanting to get married anyway and now that she knows it's really something that she needs to do in order to get baptized they would just get married on Saturday (yesterday). She even promised to bring the paper to show us. I am just amazed by her willingness to follow Jesus Christ, and her desires to do what He would have her do.

Another miracle this week is R! (picture included) She is another one of our miracle investigators who just has such a strong desire to follow Christ. We have been teaching her for about 2 months now, and she has grown SO MUCH! When we first met she said she couldn't really read because she never went to school, however now she reads the Book of Mormon every day, and really actually get's things out of it! We went to the temple visitor’s center with her last night, and it was such an amazing experience! We listened to the Cristus presentation, watched a video about families, and a Mormon message about patience. Rosario had so many comments that really taught me about having faith and trusting in Christ and being an example and being patient! She is just amazing!

It truly is amazing how many amazing people we get to know as missionaries. The members and investigators all teach me so much, and it never ceases to surprise me how much and how quickly I grow to love them. I love the people in this area and this ward so much, and I will never forget them. I can't wait until I get to come back and visit my San Fernando family. A la vez I am so excited for the opportunity to meet and grow to love a new ward, and a new area. I am so grateful for the gift of love that the Lord has given me. I don't even know where I'm going, and I can already feel love swelling in my heart for the people I will meet.

I know that the gospel is true. I know that Christ is my savior and my redeemer and my rock in all times good and bad. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and will draw all that read it closer to Him. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church of Christ on the earth again. More than anything else I know that God is my Heavenly Father and your Heavenly Father, and He loves me and you more than we can even imagine. That is why we share this message.

Love,

Hna Marin Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday!

So, my birthday was yesterday, and it was quite possibly the best birthday ever , and definitely the BEST day of this semester!  It actually started the night before (the night of the 17th) when Janette came to dinner. We made pizza, Isaac brought cinnamon rolls, and we had several people over. I was already happy being able to party with Janette one last time before she went into the MTC . Then after dinner, my roommates surprised me with birthday cake and ice cream. Everyone sang happy birthday, and I was glad I got to celebrate with Janette. Then on the morning of the 18th (my BIRTHDAY ) I woke up and left my room, and this is what I found: streamers hanging from the connecting door, balloons all over the living room, streamers on the ceiling, a monkey hanging from the ceiling in the kitchen, and 20 sticky notes that said 20 different things my roommates love about me. : ) I have the BEST   roommates ever! Sandra also had a few dollar store presents for me, and the best o...

Going Public

So I was thinking today about how I love to keep up with my friends and family through their blogs. I'm pretty busy with school, so I really don't have time to call everyone who is important to me and talk about their lives. Instead I read their blogs. I write my blog for much the same reason, so that people who care about me can read about my life on their own time. Ever since I started my blog I've had it privatized so that only people who I invite can read my blog. However, as I have made more friends, I've had multiple people be surprised that I have a blog at all, and some have asked to read it. I've always been hesitant to let people read my blog because I don't want to inadvertently offend someone or accidentally share something I'd rather keep private with the whole world. I realized today that that is really silly considering the purpose of my blog, and so I've decided to publicize my blog. I realize that I write about other people on my blog, a...

Cibophobia

I have been a picky eater for as long as I can remember. In fact, I am the pickiest person I have ever met. (I've heard of people who were pickier for a while, but not for such an extended period of time.) From as far back as I can remember up until my last year of high school I ate the same things all the time. I took the same thing for lunch every day from kindergarten through high school. My parents didn't understand, but they never tried to force me to eat anything I didn't want to. (Well, except once when I was five or six, and my mom said I couldn't have anything else to eat until I ate a slice of apple. ... I went three days without food and she gave up.) While I have always just said I'm a picky eater, I now believe that I suffer from Cibophobia. Cibophobia is the fear of food. If you'd like, you can read more about it here . Why was my diet so limited? Why did I refuse to try new things? It was because trying new foods, the thought of putting the food...