Hmmm,
No me siento como una otra semana
puede haber pasado... Esta semana ha sido extrano y ha pasado demasiado
rapido. No tengo muchas historias, pero hay algunas cosas que puedo
compartir con ustedes. Tenemos various investigadores que estamos
ensenando. Dos de ellos son una pareja de mas edad y son muy lindos.
Ellos vinieron a la iglesia hace una semana y parecia gustarles, pero el
estaba enfermo ayer entonces no vinieron esta semana. Fuimos a su casa
despues de la iglesia para verles y tuvimos una leccion. Era muy dificil
porque nos dimos cuenta que ellos no realmente entendieron nada de
nuestro mensaje como pensamos antes. (Pues, creo que no lo entienden,
pero tal vez es que no lo quieren aceptar.) Les queremos mucho, y nos
hace doler que no entienden y no estan dispuestos a cambiar nada
ahorita. Nos quieren a nosotras como sus hijas y estan dispuestos a
pasar el tiempo con nosotras pero nos pone en una posicion dificil
porque nuestro proposito misional no nos deja el tiempo para pasar con
personas que no estan dispuestos a aprender del evangelio y guardar sus
compromisos hacia la conversion. Espero que podamos explicar el mensaje a
ellos mejor la proxima vez que pasamos porque no quiero dejar de
visitarles.
I don't feel like another week could have passed...
This week has been weird, and has passed too fast. I don't have a lot of
stories, but there are a few things that I can share with you. We have
several investigators that we are teaching. Two of them are an older
couple that are SO cute. They came to church last week and seemed to like
it, but he was sick yesterday so they didn't come this week. We went to
their house after church to see them and had a lesson. It was really
hard, because we realized that they don't actually understand any of our
message like we thought they did. (Well, I think they don't understand
it, but maybe it's that they don't want to accept it.) We love them so
much, and it hurts that they don't understand and aren't willing to
change anything right now. They love us like their daughters, and are
willing to spend time with us, but it puts us in a hard situation
because our missionary purpose doesn't leave us time to spend with people
who aren't willing to learn about the gospel and keep their commitments
towards conversion. I hope that we can explain the message to them
better the next time we go by because I don't want to stop visiting
them.
We've also had several members come up to us
recently and invite us over for dinner or a noche de hogar (family
night). It's been so great because most of them also have friends that
they're planning on inviting so that we can introduce them to the
gospel. We had one dinner like that last week and it was so cool. I
don't know if the man that we talked to will end up accepting the
missionary lessons or come to church, but I know that it strengthened
the members so much to be able to share with him and have us share with
him. That was also a fun dinner because we ate with J and E who
are a couple that I found and worked with in Sylmar at the very
beginning of my mission, and now they're in my ward here in Arleta. We
have several other dinner appointments coming up this week, and I'm
excited to start getting to know the members of the ward better and help
them share the gospel with their friends. One thing I've definitely
learned on my mission is that sharing the gospel with others builds your
testimony faster than anything else. I've felt my testimony be so
strengthened as I've shared as a full time missionary, but I've also
seen members testimonies strengthened as they share with family members
and friends. I know it's hard, but I just encourage you all to share
with someone some way: member, non-member, family, friend. I know that
this gospel is true and that the more we understand and apply it the
happier we will be in our lives.
Sorry it's short this week, but like I said it's just been a weird week. Love you all!
Hermana Marin Hardy
Comments
Post a Comment