Skip to main content

May 20

Hola!!
This week has been an amazing week! We found a couple of miracle investigators from referrals who seem like they are so prepared for the gospel in their lives right now.
Tuesday we had a great lesson with one of our investigators named Silvia (just like Erin's new baby!). It was a cool experience for me, because I was actually able to understand just about everything that went on! Tuesday was also cool because Hna Whetten and I started speaking only Spanish together. It's hard, but so good because it helps me learn so much faster!
Wednesday we found a new investigator named Maribel. She was a referral from the Elder's and we'd been trying to contact her for nearly three weeks. When we finally did it was AMAZING!! She is so prepared, and seems so willing to do the things she needs to to be able to get the blessings of the gospel in her life. She had a painting of some lillies in her house so I learned that the word for Lillie's in Spanish is girasoles. I though mom would be especially interested in that. :)
We actually finished weekly planning on Thursday this week; It took us right through to 9:30, but we did it!
District meeting on Friday was definitely a revelatory experience for us, especially with talking to everyone, and it was wonderful, as usual, to hear the miracle stories from the elders and share a few of our own.
We had exchanges with Hna Vila and Hna Argullo this week, and it was such a good experience! Hna Whetten went with Hna Argullo to her area for Friday and Saturday, and Hna Vila came back to Sylmar with me. I had a great experience with Hna Vila, and was able to learn so much about missionary work, and what we can do better, and how to work with other missionaries. I learned that every missionary really is different, and that it takes some getting used to, but if love is there, then it's a fun process. We also saw so many miracles on our exchange! We found two different families who seem like they really might be interested in our message, and we were able to visit a previous investigator and it turned out that she had been praying for help for two weeks, and when she saw Hna Vila and meI she knew that we were the answer to her prayers!
Sunday we also found a miracle new investigator named Alejandra. We'd received a semi-referral from the elders about her daughter Paula, and Alejandra is so ready!!! We taught her the first lesson, and set up return appointments. She can feel that she needs this in her life, and I am so excited to help her feel the blessings of the gospel in her life!
I know that with God all things are possible! His work will go forth unhindered, and I am just a tiny part of that work. I know that this gospel is true, and that God loves me, and each of the people in Sylmar more than I can even imagine. I love being a missionary!
Love,
Hermana Marin Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday!

So, my birthday was yesterday, and it was quite possibly the best birthday ever , and definitely the BEST day of this semester!  It actually started the night before (the night of the 17th) when Janette came to dinner. We made pizza, Isaac brought cinnamon rolls, and we had several people over. I was already happy being able to party with Janette one last time before she went into the MTC . Then after dinner, my roommates surprised me with birthday cake and ice cream. Everyone sang happy birthday, and I was glad I got to celebrate with Janette. Then on the morning of the 18th (my BIRTHDAY ) I woke up and left my room, and this is what I found: streamers hanging from the connecting door, balloons all over the living room, streamers on the ceiling, a monkey hanging from the ceiling in the kitchen, and 20 sticky notes that said 20 different things my roommates love about me. : ) I have the BEST   roommates ever! Sandra also had a few dollar store presents for me, and the best o...

Going Public

So I was thinking today about how I love to keep up with my friends and family through their blogs. I'm pretty busy with school, so I really don't have time to call everyone who is important to me and talk about their lives. Instead I read their blogs. I write my blog for much the same reason, so that people who care about me can read about my life on their own time. Ever since I started my blog I've had it privatized so that only people who I invite can read my blog. However, as I have made more friends, I've had multiple people be surprised that I have a blog at all, and some have asked to read it. I've always been hesitant to let people read my blog because I don't want to inadvertently offend someone or accidentally share something I'd rather keep private with the whole world. I realized today that that is really silly considering the purpose of my blog, and so I've decided to publicize my blog. I realize that I write about other people on my blog, a...

Cibophobia

I have been a picky eater for as long as I can remember. In fact, I am the pickiest person I have ever met. (I've heard of people who were pickier for a while, but not for such an extended period of time.) From as far back as I can remember up until my last year of high school I ate the same things all the time. I took the same thing for lunch every day from kindergarten through high school. My parents didn't understand, but they never tried to force me to eat anything I didn't want to. (Well, except once when I was five or six, and my mom said I couldn't have anything else to eat until I ate a slice of apple. ... I went three days without food and she gave up.) While I have always just said I'm a picky eater, I now believe that I suffer from Cibophobia. Cibophobia is the fear of food. If you'd like, you can read more about it here . Why was my diet so limited? Why did I refuse to try new things? It was because trying new foods, the thought of putting the food...