Skip to main content

Oct 14


Buenos Dias,

This last week was definitely a little strange, as you probably already know since we didn't take our preparation day until Friday. Now, two days later we have preparation day again. Luckily for all of you I didn't write about Monday through Friday on Friday so you get an entire week's worth of email today instead of just two days worth. :)

Monday was a good day, but very long as we didn't get to take Preparation day. We did a lot of contacting, and then went to a Noche de Hogar with the the R family. They are so wonderful! On Monday they made us vegetables for dinner, and Hna R made a peanut butter sandwich especially for me. I just love her. She always hugs me SO tight, and it makes me feel so loved.

Tuesday we had cena with the R family (they fed me amazing cheese tortillas!). When we got there Hna R was feeling sick, but she insisted that we stay and eat with them anyway. Her granddaughter was playing doctor and giving her a checkup, so she gave me a check up to. I checked out okay, but she gave me a shot just in case. :)

Wednesday we had ZONE CONFERENCE!!!!!! Elder Kopishke of the seventy came, and it was AMAZING!!!! He talked about a lot of things, but my favorite part was at the beginning when he had us all write down the questions that we had and to think about those during the conference. Even though he didn't necessarily talk about all of my questions I still got lots of answers to them. It was also a good day because I got to do a musical number. Elder Fuller from my district played the piano, and Elder Linford (who was in my district last transfer) sang with me. We sang a version of How Great Thou Art that I've had forever (although we translated it to Spanish) and it was so beautiful! I absolutely love the way that music lets me express the feelings I have for the Lord and for the Gospel more fully than anything else. There are just some things that can't be said with words alone. That night we were also able to meet with Hna C again and make a mission plan for the Relief Society.

Thursday was also a good day. It was weekly planning, but we tried something a little different in that we went contacting for a couple of hours after studies and then came back to do weekly planning. I think it actually helped us concentrate better. The best part ... we finished planning in 3 hours exactly! That night we had dinner with the N family in our area. They are such a sweet family, and it was fun to talk with them and encourage them to do missionary work just by using the Proclamation to the World. We talked about how it blesses their family, and they can share it with other families to help them receive those blessings to.

Friday was the temple! It was so good to be able to do a session again. I love remembering those promises and blessings that come from the temple! It was also great because Hna R came with us. It's been a really long time since she was able to go to the temple, and it was great to be able to be there with her and help her remember how everything works, and watch her renew the Spirit that comes from our temple covenants.

Saturday one of the other sets of Hnas in our district had a baptism that we were able to go to. It was a couple that have been investigating for quite a while, and it was so special for me to watch them be baptized because my mind was still on the temple, and it is so exciting to think that in a year they will be able to enter the temple and be sealed together for eternity! Before and after we did some contacting, and tried to teach a lesson to N. Unfortunately she decided that she doesn't have time to listen to our message right now, and asked us not to come by anymore. That was kind of hard for us, but I know that eventually it will be the right time for her to accept the gospel in her life.

Sunday we had the Primary Program at church, and it was so cute! I was playing the hymns for the meeting so we got to sit right up front and watch all their faces as they sang, and gave their scriptures. I love the primary songs, and it's always so fun to hear the kids sing as loud as they can even when they're not 100% sure what the words are. We were also able to talk a little bit about missionary work in relief society and share the mission plan we created with Hna C. I know the Hnas are so excited to be able to help with the missionary work and with a more clear goal they are going to do miracles!

Anyway, all it all it was a good week. I love doing missionary work and being able to work with so many good members of the church, talk with so many good people who aren't members of the church, and share my testimony with everyone. I know that the church is true! I know that the Book of Mormon is true! I know that God is our Heavenly Father and that He loves each and every one of his children so much!

Love,

Hna Marin Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday!

So, my birthday was yesterday, and it was quite possibly the best birthday ever , and definitely the BEST day of this semester!  It actually started the night before (the night of the 17th) when Janette came to dinner. We made pizza, Isaac brought cinnamon rolls, and we had several people over. I was already happy being able to party with Janette one last time before she went into the MTC . Then after dinner, my roommates surprised me with birthday cake and ice cream. Everyone sang happy birthday, and I was glad I got to celebrate with Janette. Then on the morning of the 18th (my BIRTHDAY ) I woke up and left my room, and this is what I found: streamers hanging from the connecting door, balloons all over the living room, streamers on the ceiling, a monkey hanging from the ceiling in the kitchen, and 20 sticky notes that said 20 different things my roommates love about me. : ) I have the BEST   roommates ever! Sandra also had a few dollar store presents for me, and the best o...

Going Public

So I was thinking today about how I love to keep up with my friends and family through their blogs. I'm pretty busy with school, so I really don't have time to call everyone who is important to me and talk about their lives. Instead I read their blogs. I write my blog for much the same reason, so that people who care about me can read about my life on their own time. Ever since I started my blog I've had it privatized so that only people who I invite can read my blog. However, as I have made more friends, I've had multiple people be surprised that I have a blog at all, and some have asked to read it. I've always been hesitant to let people read my blog because I don't want to inadvertently offend someone or accidentally share something I'd rather keep private with the whole world. I realized today that that is really silly considering the purpose of my blog, and so I've decided to publicize my blog. I realize that I write about other people on my blog, a...

Cibophobia

I have been a picky eater for as long as I can remember. In fact, I am the pickiest person I have ever met. (I've heard of people who were pickier for a while, but not for such an extended period of time.) From as far back as I can remember up until my last year of high school I ate the same things all the time. I took the same thing for lunch every day from kindergarten through high school. My parents didn't understand, but they never tried to force me to eat anything I didn't want to. (Well, except once when I was five or six, and my mom said I couldn't have anything else to eat until I ate a slice of apple. ... I went three days without food and she gave up.) While I have always just said I'm a picky eater, I now believe that I suffer from Cibophobia. Cibophobia is the fear of food. If you'd like, you can read more about it here . Why was my diet so limited? Why did I refuse to try new things? It was because trying new foods, the thought of putting the food...