I'm not
getting transferred!!! I am so glad that I get to stay here in El Camino for
one more transfer, and that I get to stay with Hna Anderson!
Somehow I
ran out of time today... (that's what happens when I don't write this email
first) but I'll write what I can.
First, one
funny story from this week. The first person we found this week seemed very
open and interested when we first talked with him. He came right out of his
house, and let us teach the first lesson just standing there in his driveway. He
also committed to read Moroni 10 and pray about it. We were excited for our
lesson that Friday so that we could invite him to church and meet his wife, but
the next day he texted us and said he read and prayed and felt peaceful, but
that he's catholic and not interested in changing. He said we could still come
to our appointment, but he just wanted to give back our book. We assured him he
could keep it, but I don't know if he believed us. The next day he texted us
again saying that we didn't need to come on Saturday anymore. It was a little
sad to not be able to try one more time to convince him, but more than anything
though it just made me laugh. The reason we didn't need to come any more was
because he couldn't return the book. Apparently his dog ate his Book of Mormon.
I've heard of "the dog ate my homework" but this takes it to a whole
new level. :)
This week
was also really good because I got to go back to Sylmar for an exchange!!! It
was good to see some of the missionaries I've worked with there and some of the
members, but mostly it was just a really good exchange. We really wanted to
contact this referral that they had received the day before, but when we got to
the house and started to open the gate a big white dog ran up. Hna Redondo was
scared and said we should just try to call him some other time, but I felt good
about trying the door anyway so in we went. In addition to the big white dog we
found another big brown dog, but neither one tried to bite us, and it turned
out that they were both friendly. We didn't manage to contact the referral
since he wasn't home either time we tried, but we did talk to two other people
who lived there, and now they might be able to teach more of the family.
Sorry I
didn't write more, but I'm out of time. This next transfer is going to be
AMAZING!!!
Love,
Comments
Post a Comment