2013 10 28m
Cada Dia
Buenos
Dias,
My subject
is a tribute to the fact that I have now successfully written in my journal
every day for an entire transfer! Actually it's almost a week into my second
transfer of writing every day, but I wanted to celebrate the first transfer of
writing every day. That was one of my goals last transfer so now I can be happy
and extend it this transfer as well.
Speaking of
transfers, we didn't have too many changes in our district this transfer, but
the biggest one is that we now have Hna Training Leaders in our zone (well
they're in our district, but they cover the whole zone). Hna Hall (from my MTC
district) came to be with Hna Pulver and they are now our Hna Training Leaders.
It's great for two reasons. One, I love having Hna Training Leaders in our
district because we get extra love and extra training. Two, they got a car.
This is kind of funny because their area is half as big as ours and we're still
on bike... but it's also nice because it means we don't have to share rides any
more. No more biking 4 miles to Correlation!!! We also found out today that Hna
Hall bought a bike, and they'll probably be biking a lot in their area since
it's just easier to do missionary work that way.
The work
went pretty well this week. We were able to find a few people who seem willing
to listen to our message, and we were also able to have H and A come to stake
conference on Sunday. Actually, they gave us a ride to conference and then home
afterwards! Truly the best way to make sure your investigators come to church.
We had one kind of hard lesson on Wednesday. We talked with a family who go to
a different Christian church, and it was hard because we believe so many of the
same things, and I know that they are a good family who live basically the
gospel standards and enjoy many of the blessings that they would enjoy as
members of the church. They are just so set on only believing what the Bible
says. I feel sad that they won't accept the reality of living prophets and
additional scripture, but at least I can be happy that they have most of the
blessings that they would have as members of the church.
We also had
the 6 Week Follow Up meeting with all the 6 week missionaries last Friday. It
was a good meeting as usual, and it was good to be able to see so many of the
missionaries I've served with. I noticed at this meeting that the number of
missionaries we're getting must have really slowed down because there weren't
as many changes in companionships this transfer. I love that even though much
of the training stays the same I can learn something different from that
meeting every time I go.
On Saturday
night all of the missionaries in the San Fernando stake were requested to go to
the adult session of Stake Conference, and it was such a good experience! At
the beginning of the conference we got a surprise when Elder Garnes (the area
70) asked all the missionaries to come up to the front and sing Called to
Serve. They picked me to direct it though so I got to stand with my back to the
audience. :) That session, and the Sunday general session were both so good
though! They talked a lot about missionary work, and how the members can help
us simply by making more friends and also by opening their homes to us so that
we can teach investigators in members’ homes. Missionary work really is simpler
than people think; it's just hard to see that when it's not how it's always
been done.
I know that
this gospel is true. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that the
Book of Mormon is the word of God. I love you all!!
Love,
Hna Marin Hardy
Comments
Post a Comment