There's a girl in my ward named Haley, and she is one of my favorite people. She was baptised just a few months ago, but she has jumped into the church and the gospel with so much enthusiasm. I love listening to her share her experiences and her testimony.
Today during fast and testimony meeting she got up to bear her testimony about Relief Society and the gift of the Holy Ghost and how it helps her continue to build her testimony of various aspects of the gospel. Right at the beginning she said thanks for listening to another month of "things I have a testimony of." I liked the phrase and the idea so much that I thought I'd write about it.
*I almost wrote "share it" but then I realized that no one actually reads this so really it's just for me.*
I am so grateful that this is not a gospel that requires us to have testimonies of every principle all at once. There are days when I'm not sure if I really deeply believe anything. I'm not usually a passionate person, and there aren't very many things that I really feel strongly about. Sometimes that makes me wonder if that's a flaw that I need to fix, or if there's something wrong with me, or if that somehow makes me less.
*I think I'll leave those introspective thoughts for another day.*
As I sat thinking what I would bear my testimony of if I got up I thought about a couple of things, but there's really only one thing that I always feel like I have a testimony of: God's love for me. I know without a doubt that He loves me. I remember, even in the darkest times of my mission, I always knew that He loved me. It's not something that I feel has made a drastic change in my life or has caused a life changing determination to somehow change the world, but it's a constant knowledge that I can always turn to. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and even if nothing else is right with the world I know I'll be okay.
Comments
Post a Comment