Buenos
Dias!!!
I had no idea they were going to do it or I totally would have warned her. She was a good sport about it though, and I helped her wash it off in the bathroom. I tried the cake because Elder Ellsworth made me, and it was actually pretty good. I don't know if I'd eat a whole piece of it, but I certainly didn't die. (I'm not sure why he decided to take a picture...)
Wednesday
we did weekly planning and visited some potentials. Then we had a companionship
study with the Hermana Training Leaders, which was wonderful. I love having
them so close (they live in the same building as us) because whenever I don't
have any idea what to do we can ask! It makes being a trainer a little less
scary.
Thursday we
had a multi zone conference of all the zones that now form the New (version
2.0) California San Fernando mission (at that point it was only about half the
mission). It was an amazing conference, and we are all very excited to see how
amazing version 2.0 will be! We're focusing a lot on exact obedience, and seeing
miracles come from that. It is amazing how much you can learn about obedience
even when you're already being obedient. (Speaking of obedience ... turns out
missionaries are not allowed to use backpacks even on bikes. Mama would you be
willing to look around for small shoulder bag/scripture case bags that I could
maybe use. It would need to be big enough to fit 2 paperback copies of the Book
of Mormon in Spanish. Elder Ellsworth uses a bag from the brand 'Companion'
that works really well for him. If you just email me pictures I'll let you know
what looks like it'll work best. I haven't figured out how to work it on bike
yet, but I will eventually.)
Friday we
had District Meeting, and an exchange. I got to stay in our area with Hna
Redondo (she's from Columbia) and we contacted so many people! A lot of them
even set up return appointments for us to come back and teach! It was also nice
because we finally talked to E----n again who we haven’t been able to contact
for almost 3 weeks. We set up an appointment to go back and teach her the
restoration.
Sunday was
church, and we also had an appointment with H----y which was great! Hno and Hna
G----n came with us, and it was so good to have their added testimonies. H----y
hasn't read the Book of Mormon on his own yet, but we read the introduction
with him and emphasized the necessity of reading and praying to find out for
himself. I have really gained such a testimony of the necessity of action since
I've been on my mission. It is absolutely impossible to gain a testimony unless
you DO something. That includes for missionaries. It's impossible to gain a
testimony of obedience unless you are obedient. It's impossible to gain a
testimony of the importance of working with members until you actually work
with the members.
I love
being a missionary!!! I love being on bike!!! I love being a trainer!!! I
love Hna Allen!!! I love the gospel, and I love sharing it!! This truly is the
opportunity of a lifetime, and I am learning so much. I would encourage all of
you to seek out those opportunities to serve and share and be an example. Any
little thing you can do to move the kingdom of God forward will bring such
great blessings into your lives. Who do you know who's a less active member?
Which of your friends might be willing to watch the Restoration at your house?
Who in your ward or in your neighborhood needs some help with their lawn, just
had a new baby, is new, is lonely, or any one of tons of other things you could
do to help? Mama always says that Charlie and I are "setting the world on
fire and burning brighter than the sun". I love the analogy, but we cannot
do it alone! Each of you can burn brightly with the light of the Son in your
eyes. I'd love to hear about your experiences!
Love,
Hna Marin
Hardy
Comments
Post a Comment