Skip to main content

July 8


Buenos Dias!

This week has been a great week for us!

Monday we played at the park as a district. We had a barbecue, and did some slacklining, and Elder Ellsworth, Hna Allen, and I played croquet. It was really fun, and I have some good pictures, but sadly I forgot to bring my camera to the library today so you'll have to wait until next week.

Tuesday was a very full day, but we were able to talk with so many people about the gospel, help the car Hna's with a blitz, and found two new investigators in our own area. We were finally able to meet with E----n again. We taught her about the Doctrine of Jesus Christ, and how it could bless her life. We felt like we should teach that first, but we really need to teach the Restoration now because she doesn't understand the concept of authority yet. The further I get into my mission the more I realize that even though it sounds somewhat arrogant you really do have to just be bold with people. They have to understand that our message isn't just that God loves them and Christ atoned for their sins so all will be happy in the world. Our message really is that we offer joy in this life and happiness in the life to come and no one else can offer that.

Wednesday started out interesting. We went to see one of our potentials, named A----o, and while we were waiting outside the apartment building for the gate to be opened by someone he drove up. Sadly he said he was just going in then leaving right away, but we said we'd wait and talk to him when he came out. After 15 minutes when he still hadn't come out we followed a car in and knocked on his door. He seemed a little chagrined, but the conversation went really well! He is so prepared for the gospel, and I know he needs it, but he works as a clown and so he always has to work on Sundays. We're hoping to be able to meet with him again and teach him how important it is to keep God's commandments so that He can bless us with all the things we truly need. That night we had dinner with a member family (the V-----'s) and, along with learning a lot of new words, we were able to work with them towards finding people that they know who we can teach. We fasted with them this Sunday and we're hoping to be able to talk with them again this week about how they felt, and whom we could start working towards teaching.

Thursday we worked with our district a little bit to combine all the information we have about the ward and also did weekly planning. We are working really hard to help the ward actualizar (not sure what the best translation is for that...) their ward list especially with the less active members. We're also trying to find out who in our area we can work with that is ready to start coming back to church. It was nice to be able to see some of the fireworks for the 4th of July from our balcony after nightly planning was done. Hna Allen and I kept forgetting that it was the 4th all day since we just did normal Thursday missionary things.

Friday we had a Zone Training Meeting with our new zone, and it was wonderful! Elder Garland (he was in my district my first transfer when I came in) and Elder Romero really are great Zone Leaders! Their training was inspiring, and really helped us learn more about how to better set baptismal dates, and help investigators prepare to be baptized.

We actually put that training into use the very next day on Saturday when we set the first baptismal date I've ever set on my mission, with our new investigator, A-----t. We are so excited to help him prepare to be baptized on the 28th of July! That day we had some other success in that we found 5 new investigators in one day. It was funny to us because we'd mentioned during weekly planning the week before that we could absolutely find 5 new investigators that day and we completely forgot about it until we were reviewing the day that night.

Sunday was a little bit of a downer because we didn't have any of our investigators come to church even though they'd promised, but then it got better because we were able to set two more baptismal dates that afternoon. We are SO excited to help J-----n and A-----o prepare to be baptized on the 4th of August! They are so cool because they are so accepting of our message. They really seem to believe when we bear our testimonies.

I absolutely love being a missionary! I think I say that every week, but it's definitely true. In fact, I think it just get's truer every week. I know that this gospel is true, and that the true authority of Christ is again on the earth today. I know that this is the best way to find happiness now, and the only way to find salvation in the life to come!

I love you all!

Hna Marin Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday!

So, my birthday was yesterday, and it was quite possibly the best birthday ever , and definitely the BEST day of this semester!  It actually started the night before (the night of the 17th) when Janette came to dinner. We made pizza, Isaac brought cinnamon rolls, and we had several people over. I was already happy being able to party with Janette one last time before she went into the MTC . Then after dinner, my roommates surprised me with birthday cake and ice cream. Everyone sang happy birthday, and I was glad I got to celebrate with Janette. Then on the morning of the 18th (my BIRTHDAY ) I woke up and left my room, and this is what I found: streamers hanging from the connecting door, balloons all over the living room, streamers on the ceiling, a monkey hanging from the ceiling in the kitchen, and 20 sticky notes that said 20 different things my roommates love about me. : ) I have the BEST   roommates ever! Sandra also had a few dollar store presents for me, and the best o...

Going Public

So I was thinking today about how I love to keep up with my friends and family through their blogs. I'm pretty busy with school, so I really don't have time to call everyone who is important to me and talk about their lives. Instead I read their blogs. I write my blog for much the same reason, so that people who care about me can read about my life on their own time. Ever since I started my blog I've had it privatized so that only people who I invite can read my blog. However, as I have made more friends, I've had multiple people be surprised that I have a blog at all, and some have asked to read it. I've always been hesitant to let people read my blog because I don't want to inadvertently offend someone or accidentally share something I'd rather keep private with the whole world. I realized today that that is really silly considering the purpose of my blog, and so I've decided to publicize my blog. I realize that I write about other people on my blog, a...

Cibophobia

I have been a picky eater for as long as I can remember. In fact, I am the pickiest person I have ever met. (I've heard of people who were pickier for a while, but not for such an extended period of time.) From as far back as I can remember up until my last year of high school I ate the same things all the time. I took the same thing for lunch every day from kindergarten through high school. My parents didn't understand, but they never tried to force me to eat anything I didn't want to. (Well, except once when I was five or six, and my mom said I couldn't have anything else to eat until I ate a slice of apple. ... I went three days without food and she gave up.) While I have always just said I'm a picky eater, I now believe that I suffer from Cibophobia. Cibophobia is the fear of food. If you'd like, you can read more about it here . Why was my diet so limited? Why did I refuse to try new things? It was because trying new foods, the thought of putting the food...